A landing page can benefit your business in multiple ways:
• shorten the conversion path;
• provide a brief but comprehensive presentation of the product;
• convert visitors into leads.
Landing pages are a key part of any company’s online marketing strategy. However, to generate growth for your business, they should be approached properly. Take a look at the statistics:
• placing multiple offers on your landing page can decrease conversion rates by as much as 266% compared to single-offer pages;
• a one-second delay in page loading decreases conversion rates by 7%;
• companies with 30 or more landing pages generate 7 times more leads than those with fewer than 10.
When it comes to landing page development for a fintech product, there are some surefire tips that can help you turn your landing page into a sales machine and get the most out of it. Read on to learn what makes a good fintech product page and what specifics you should consider before web page design and development.
Types of Landing Pages
Choosing an appropriate landing page type depends on your marketing tactics, the stage of your marketing cycle for which you’re creating the page, and your overall goal. Let’s take a look at the main landing page types and the goals you can achieve with them.
Lead generating landing pages
Lead generation landing pages are used to:
• make the initial contact with the targeted visitor,
• build contact lists,
• convert a targeted visitor into a lead for your business,
• drive prospects through the inbound marketing cycle,
• increase sales within a specified time period.
For this purpose, such pages collect visitors’ personal information such as name, company name, and size, job title, email, phone number, social media profiles, etc.
Product landing pages
These are campaign-specific pages with limited navigation and distractions, specifically designed to lead interested users directly to the product and get them to buy by providing them with all the information they need about the offer. Product landing pages are perfect for demonstrating your social proof and placing reviews from other customers – this way, a product landing page helps build trust and anticipation.
Explainer landing pages
Explainer landing pages are long and rely on rich content to present a variety of benefits and features of your product, inform and educate visitors, and entice them to take an action or the next step. This type of landing page is a good choice if you want visitors to provide detailed information or make a large purchase.
Why Your Landing Page Doesn’t Convert?
If you already have a fintech landing page and are frustrated by its CR, it’s time to check what went wrong.
• Unintuitive Design. It doesn’t allow viewers to focus on what the page has to offer, keeps them from going through the conversion path, and distracts them from taking the intended action. If you have doubts about whether your page is intuitive and user-friendly, consider website redesign.
• Unclear Headlines. The headline is the first thing visitors see on your page, and once they see it, you have less than five seconds to get them to stay on your page. So make your headline clear and concise, and tell people exactly what your page is about. And make sure you show how your users can directly benefit from your fintech product in absolute terms. If your deposit brings in $400 per year for every $10.000 invested, that’s what you should focus on when formulating your headlines.
• Too Much Text. On a landing page, people aren’t going to read everything you write. If you have too much text on your page, rewrite and keep it short and sweet, yet comprehensive, so your visitors understand what your offer is all about.
• Unrecognizable CTA. Your CTA needs to be unambiguous and encourage visitors to click. Check that your button is easily recognizable and test the text until you find the perfect option.
• Distractions from the Primary Offer. Multiple or unclear offers distract the viewer and have a negative impact on conversion. Make sure your main offer is valuable to users and, no less important, clear and understandable.
Fintech Landing Page Best Practices
Carefully Consider the Design
For your fintech product to inspire confidence in potential users, its design should be carefully considered. The same goes for your product’s landing page. Make sure it looks strict, high-class, and inspires trust.
Make Clear What You Offer
If site visitors don’t understand the value of your offer, they will not become your customers. Make sure your offer is compelling and clear. And keep visitors’ real needs and goals in mind when formulating the offer: people don’t want a tricked-out e-wallet, they want a simple and secure way to make daily payments and manage their finances.
Use Straightforward CTA
Use verbs in your CTA to help your customers quickly grasp the meaning of your offer and take the intended action. Well-worded CTAs ultimately increase conversion rates and help you drive business.
Statistic says that 15% of customers don’t trust businesses without any reviews and that user-generated content can improve your CR by 161%. Use this opportunity to boost sales by encouraging your customers to share their reviews. Adding a little social proof will surely pay off. One way you can implement this is by creating remote video testimonials from happy clients and displaying them on your landing page—the key here again is making sure that the testimonial comes from someone who actually experienced great service with you and is willing to share their story on camera.
Straightforward Contact Form
Your page should include a straightforward contact form to capture visitors’ details. You can make it immediately visible to the visitor when they come to the page or place it after your written copy which is supposed to persuade visitors to fill in the form.
The contact form needs to have as few fields as possible – the visitor’s email address or phone number and the submit button are usually enough. Long and complex contact forms frustrate visitors and push them away.
Add Contact Info
Customer trust is crucial for a fintech product, but it can not be built if people know absolutely nothing about you. In the meantime, contacting your customers, both potential and existing, is a great source of inspiration because they can give you a lot of insight. Missing this opportunity is the worst thing you can do for your business, so make sure you place your contact information on the landing page.
The content you publish on your page must be conversion-oriented and marketing-friendly. Use short, to-the-point phrases that appeal to your target audience and convince them that your product is worth their attention. Explain to your users how they can benefit from your product, but try to avoid big words and showing off. Instead, use numbers, e.g:
• We’ve been on the market for over 14 years;
• 2 million people have already entrusted their finances to our solution;
• Last year, 2 million users earned $73 million using our product, etc.
And remember that using videos on the page can increase the conversion rate by 86%, as video content is more engaging than plain text. So be sure to add your product’s demo video if you have one.
Good Linking Strategy
The goal of the page is to funnel viewers down the desired pathway. Therefore, the page should have convenient navigation through blocks and not include links to external resources, as they serve as a jumping-off point from the funnel and distract visitors from the goal of the page. It is best to include two clickable links: a button that prompts action and a link for more information for undecided visitors.
Target a Specific Customer Segment
Your target audience defines the page’s design and tone of voice. Design targeted pages for specific segments to persuade your potential customers to convert. To better understand your customers and learn how to meet their needs with your product, you can create a persona for each segment.
Optimize for SEO
SEO will make your landing pages rank higher in search engine results and ensure you reach your target audience, achieve the highest possible conversion rate of visitors, reduce customer acquisition costs, and maximize the value of your advertising spending. Optimizing your landing pages for SEO is vital to rank higher in search engine results, reach your target audience, and boost conversions. Finding the best SEO companies in Romania allows you to tap into their expertise in search engine algorithms, keyword research, and optimization strategies. This way they help you improve your website’s visibility, increase organic traffic, and reduce customer acquisition costs.
Use A/B Testing
The surefire way to find out what works best for your page is to conduct A/B testing. This involves having an A page, or the control page, and a B page, or the test page, and letting your customers show you which page is more efficient. By the way, testing and optimizing different elements can also lead to a whopping improvement of CR.
Peculiarities of Fintech Product Landing Page Development
To create a conversion-driving fintech landing page, you should consider some important points.
Proper Development Technology
A landing page can be coded from scratch in HTML or created using a content management system (CMS) such as WordPress. Depending on your needs and the current state of the product, you can choose different options for developing a cost-effective landing page:
• If you already have a website based on a CMS (e.g. WordPress, Drupal, Joomla, etc.), it would be wise to use it for cost-efficient landing page creation.
An effective one-page website starts with an intuitive design that draws visitors’ attention to the important tasks and focuses on their experience. Landing page design best practices are:
• visual simplicity
• smart use of white space
• visual continuity with the main product
• clear capture form or call-to-action button
• mobile responsiveness.
Optimized for Multiple Device Formats
In Q1 2021, mobile devices (excluding tablets) accounted for 54.8% of global website traffic, yet only half of landing pages are optimized for mobile devices. Mobile responsiveness is critical if you want your page to convert. Therefore, you should optimize your site to be functional and visually appealing on multiple devices of different sizes.
Since landing pages are established to bring new leads to your business, they require the utmost attention. Consider the above points, test and optimize your page, and benefit from higher conversion rates.
Need fintech landing page design and development services? Leave it to the experts at Itexus. Contact us to learn how we can help your fintech products with a landing page.
By Itexus Team